Aims, Values & Vision Statement
‘Nurturing curious minds in our community
ready for a sustainable future.’
At Chase Lane Primary School and Nursery Unit we are committed to the concept of high quality teaching and learning. We therefore believe the children should strive to develop to their full potential.
Achievement in all areas of the curriculum is celebrated. In order to ensure that we are able to meet these expectations, we believe our teaching approaches should comprise a healthy mix of class, individual and group teaching, but at the very heart of whichever approach adopted at a given time is experiential learning. Children, governors, learning support assistants, nursery nurses, office staff, parents and teachers, are all learners together. A real and meaningful partnership between these groups enhances quality education. Everyone in school is special and enriches the life of the school.
All members of the school community are to show respect to each other by always listening to one another and of course all staff take pride in themselves and their work. In striving to continually improve the quality of learning and teaching it is necessary for the school and all its members to be open to critical scrutiny by people within and beyond. Indeed developing quality curriculum will require staff to share their practice and be willing to submit it to the constructive analysis from colleagues and others.
THE AIMS OF THE SCHOOL
- Children to make excellent progress and achieve their full potential.
- Children to be independent, aspirational life-long learners.
- Children’s needs to be central to the school’s priorities, including their social, emotional, physical and spiritual well-being.
- Children to engage in a dynamic and creative curriculum with lots of opportunities for first-hand learning.
- Children, parents/carers and staff to be respectful to and care for everyone and everything.
- Children to be part of a school where parents and the wider community work together.
Please help us to achieve these aims by becoming involved in the life and work of the school. Children will benefit from their families’ involvement in our school.
Chase Lane Primary School
Treat everyone fairly and respect differences
Enjoy and take part in all learning experiences together
Rise to challenge and always keep trying
Be responsible, truthful and make the right choices
Be polite, listen and think of others
Believe in yourself, anything is possible