The school is awarded Artsmark status
I am delighted to inform you that we have recently been awarded Artsmark status.
Artsmark is Arts Council England’s flagship programme which enables schools to evaluate, strengthen and celebrate their arts and cultural provision.
Achieving Artsmark status demonstrates that Chase Lane Primary has a number of very special qualities. It demonstrates that we:
• have an excellent arts and cultural offer
• are forward thinking and open to development
• are committed to investing in our staff and young people
• are committed to listening to our students and providing opportunities for our community
• have an effective approach to building sustainable relationships with arts and cultural organisations
• value the arts and culture through a broad and balanced curriculum
To achieve Artsmark, we had to undergo a rigorous application process, followed by a validation visit from a professional arts consultant. We were assessed on many areas of our provision including arts in the curriculum, extra-curricular arts activities, how we work with artists and arts organisations and hoe well how our arts provision impacts on staff development and the wider community.
We hope you share our pride in being nationally recognised for our arts and cultural provision.